Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Welcome to my humble abode!

Hey all! I've been wanting to be able to tell people about the strange things that go on in my life for a while. I found and started to read The Bloggess a while ago, and reading what she posted gave me the courage to start this blog. I really hope that you guys find my tales entertaining and interesting, and if nobody ever reads this, that's okay too.

Okay, on to the fun stuff. I have a 30 gallon fish tank, as you would know if you read my "about me" blob. In this fish tank, I used to have 3 large tropical fish. 2 of them died of natural causes (age. Seriously. I didn't kill them. I swear). The surviving one is named the FishStick. The FishStick got all depressed (no, I am not kidding. I had a fish get depressed because he was alone). The problem is, he is 12 inches and aggressive, so I can't put more fish in with him, because he will just eat them. The recommendation from the fish store?

"Buy him these cheap feeder fish, so he can eat them and you won't feel bad or like you are wasting money."

No, I am not kidding. They want me to encourage my fish's cannibalistic tendencies. But since he's a pet, and the feeder fish are not, I did it. That's right. I got my pet fish some pet fish.

We got six of them all at once. He ate one within the first 3 hours. 3 days later, we are down to 3 survivors. But now the FishStick is happy.

And that's all that matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment